What You Need
- corn starch
- food coloring (optional- In the story, Oobleck is green)
- Mix 1 part water with 1.5 to 2 parts cornstarch. You may wish to start with one cup of water and one and a half cups of cornstarch, then work in more cornstarch if you want a more 'solid' oobleck. It will take about 10 minutes of mixing to get nice homogeneous oobleck.
- Mix in a few drops of food coloring if you want colored oobleck.
- If you slowly lower your hand into oobleck, it will sink, but it is difficult to quickly remove your hand (without taking all the oobleck and its container with you).
- If you squeeze or punch the oobleck, the starch particles will not move out of the way quickly, so the oobleck will feel solid.
- Oobleck can be molded in a container, but when the mold is removed, the oobleck will lose its shape.